23 Feb 2011

Count Me In...

I wanted to start this blog as a forum to share my views on drumming. I've been playing for 9 years, and have experience of both teaching myself and formal lessons. I figured this blog could be useful for other drummers - ranging from those who are starting to learn to those who are a bit more experienced - to have a sort of reference point if they can't find a teacher, or if they just fancy learning by ear but don't really know where to start.

I aim to cover, however sporadically, issues such as the basics (names for everything/how it works etc), guides on how to set a drum kit up properly, rudiments and practice techniques. Then, in later posts, I can go on to cover more advanced areas like open-handed drumming and the controversial issue of stick-tricks. I won't aim for any particular schedule or routine, but if you want my views on any subject just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment